Last modified: November 13, 2012 by Michelle
Click HERE to see a tutorial video.
To access Sendouts Recon, click the Icon at the top of your screen.
There is an additional charge associated with Sendouts Recon, please contact Sendouts Support for more information and pricing.
Step 1: Setup
- An Admin can go to File>Manage>Recon
- From here, you’ll enter your login information for paid boards and any free boards that require login credentials.
- Grouping – You can view the boards by industry, category or pay / free boards. These groups should make it easier to find the boards you use frequently.
- Remember to indicate a Max Daily Limit. This field indicates how many resumes PER DAY you want pulled from the selected board. Recon will NEVER pull more than this limit per day.
- To see the boards you have subscribed to, change the Grouping filter to Mine.
TIPS for Managing Recon:
- Make sure to double check your login information, especially your password. Make sure to type your password in case sensitive characters.
- LinkedIn Limits: If you use LinkedIn as a source, please be aware of the LIMITS they impose, use the follwing guidelines in the ‘Max Daily Limit’ field for the following types of LinkedIn accounts. NOTE: Failure to use these limits might result in your LinkedIn Profile being disabled by LinkedIn.
- Free version — 100
- Business — 300
- Business Plus — 500
- Business Plus Pro — 700
Step 2: Start a New Search
- To start a New Search, click the Recon Icon and select New Search…
- There are 3 ways to fill out the form:
1. Before you start a New Search, open the Detail View of the Job Order you want to search on. Then, once the Detail View opens, click the Recon Icon and select New Search…, the form will automatically populate based on what is in the current Job Order.
2. Click the Recon Icon from anywhere within Sendouts and select New Search…, from here, use the Search box to search through your database to find the Job Order you want to search on. Once indicated, the information will automatically populate based on what is contained in that Job Order.
3. You can create a New Search from scratch, without having a Job Order to search on. To do this, click the Recon Icon from anywhere within Sendouts Surge and select New Search…, from here, you’ll have to manually enter information into the form.
TIP: Remember, the red fields are Required and must be filled in.
Add New Recon Search Form:
- Search Name - You want to create a unique name for this search, something distinguishable so you can later come back to it — This is the name that your search will be saved under in your Saved Lists
- Job Order - If you indicate a Job Order for this Search, the Job Order title will appear here
JOB INFORMATION TAB
This is where you would enter specifics regarding location and radius search.
- Title- This will be automatically populated from your Job Order. This field indicates what the name of the Job Order is that you are creating this search for
- City- This field indicates the City in which the Job is located
- State- This field indicates the State in which the Job is located
- Country- This field indicates the Country in which the Job is located
- Zip- This field indicates the zip code in which the Job is located
- mi - This field indicates the radius from the zip code you want this search to extend
Advanced – typically it is best to leave these fields blank
- Category- This field indicates the exact Category you want your potential Candidate to classify themselves in
- Education- This field indicates the exact education requirement you want your potential Candidate to have
- Experience- This field indicates the exact experience range you want your potential Candidates to have
- Note: If you indicate Category, Education or Experience, your search will ONLY look for potential Candidates who match the EXACT fields indicated, no more, no less. So do be aware of this if you choose to select these fields. In general, it is best to leave these three fields blank.
TIPS for the Job Information Tab
- When it comes to LOCATION INFORMATION (including City, State, Zip, Radius and Country) you either need to fill in ALL of it, or NONE of it!
- Be aware of the Zip code matching the exact City name, on some boards, if the Zip code does not exactly match the City, the search will return no results because of the inconsistency.
- **SPECIFICALLY FOR LINKEDIN** — If you’re using LinkedIn for searching, to search by location, you MUST LEAVE the City, State, Zip, Radius and country BLANK to return results from LinkedIn. If you include location information, you will return NO results from LinkedIn.
This is where you are going to build your Keyword search. Select the type of search you want to do and insert your Keywords.
TIPS for the Keywords Tab
- Make sure to put your MOST MEANINGFUL terms First
- If you wish to see the exact spelling of a word, add quotations around the word.
- No quotations will also bring back other terms that contain that term.
- You may use * if you would like to see additional forms or variations of a word from some resume sources, although, do be aware that many free sites will not understand the meaning of * and will not return resumes as a result.
- Instead of using the * symbol, you may put the simplest form of the word you would like to stem or include.
- Add word / term variations to the OR boxes instead of using AND terms.
- Make sure a multi-word phrase or title is in one box only.
- Do not use any other boolean characters as many less sophisticated sites will not accept them and it will lower your resume yield.
- The Concrete Score placed on your Candidate profile will be generated based on the Keywords you enter into this tab
Job Description Section
- This is where you’re Job Description from your Job Order in Sendouts will be pulled into. If you are creating a Search from scratch, you will have to fill this section out manually.
TIPS for the Job Description Section:
- The Concept Score placed on the Candidate profile will be generated based on what you put in this description box, so it is always best to be as descriptive as possible.
SEARCH RULES TAB
- Start Searching On - This field identifies when you want this search to begin
- The unlabeled field directly beside the Start Searching On field indicates the Time of day in which you want the search to start running on, if you select Immediately it will still take between 1-2 hours for your results to appear.
- Stop Searching On - This field will become enabled when you define a Repeat Search field. When enabled, this is the date that the search would stop running on
- Repeat Search- This field is used when you want your search to repeat at certain intervals. Be sure to define a Stop Searching On date when using a repeat search.
- Share Results Checkbox – This checkbox allows you share the results of this search with your co-workers
- Max Resume Age - This field indicates the maximum age of resumes you want to be returned in your results
- Max Resumes per Source - This field indicates how many resumes per source indicated you want returned in your results
- The number indicated under File>Manage>Recon will override any number indicated here
- Importing Options:
- Template - You will be able to define a Template to apply to the results generated
- Recruiter - You will be able to assign a Recruiter to the results generated, if you fill in this field, it will override what is indicated on the Template you selected
- Category - You will be able to define a Category to the results generated if you want it to be different than the one you have indicated in your Template, if you fill in this field, it will override what is indicated on the Template you selected
- Free Sources Checkbox – This checkbox allows Recon to search Free boards (i.e. Craigslist) along with any registered sources you have indicated.
- Registered Sources - These are the boards you entered a username and password into from File>Manage>Recon. To select them, make sure to highlight each one. The ones not highlighted will not be used for this search.
TIPS for the Search Rules Tab:
- Please note — you MUST be LOGGED OUT of ALL your search boards (Monster, LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, etc…) in order for Recon to search these boards!! For this reason, we recommend that you set your search to run overnight.
Step 3: Viewing Results
- To view the results from your searches, click on the Recon Icon and select All Searches… Typically it takes between 1-2 hours before any results are returned, even if you set your search to run Immediately.
- Highlight the search you want to view the results for and select View Results
- Your results will appear in the List View within the Candidate Module and a Saved List (within the CN module) will also be created using the Search Name you indicated for your Search.
- To view the Concrete Score and the Concept Score of the results, you must configure them into your List View by right clicking on the column header and selecting Configure Columns.