How do I setup WebConnect?
Last modified: November 8, 2012 by Michelle
Our WebConnect Integration connects seamlessly with your current company website, and allows you the ability to post open Job Orders and make them available on your website. This also allows potential Candidates the ability to submit their resume directly to your database for further review. From the Manage Menu, you’ll be able to select the WebConnect Options, define which Categories potential Candidates can choose from when they apply, set the WebConnect Template and personalize the Automated Email that gets sent to CN’s when they apply. To learn more about how to setup these features, please refer to the WebConnect page HERE.
Watch our Setup Video HERE.
Step 1: (Admin) Site Configuration
WebConnect Options –
- Create a Match when a CN Applies to a JO – This option will allow you to automatically create a match in Sendouts when a Candidate applies via your website to an open Job Order
- Enable EEOC Question - This option will allow CN’s the option to enter EEOC information when they apply via WebConnect
- Enable HTML posting - This option will allow you to post job descriptions using HTML formatting
- Set the Primary RC of the CN to the Primary AM of the JO - This option will give you the ability to choose who the Primary RC is of the Candidates who apply via WebConnect. This option will set the Primary Recruiter of the person who applied to a Job Order via WebConnect, to the Primary Account Manager of the Job Order that was applied to.
- Set the Primary RC of the CN to the Primary RC of the JO - This option also will give you the ability to choose who the Primary Recruiter of the Candidates who apply via WebConnect. This option will set the Primary Recruiter of the person who applied to a Job Order via WebConnect, to the Primary Recruiter of the Job Order that was applied to.
- Set Primary RC of the CN to the User who shared the Job Order for Social Postings – This option will set the User who posted to Job Order as the Primary Recruiter on the Candidate’s record.
- Show Skills as a Dropdown List - This option will allow Candidates to choose thier skills from a dropdown box instead of typing in their own skills
- Show the custom Area “Post Location” – When posting a JO, by default, Sendouts will post the areas that are included in the Areas section of the JO Record (in the Job Order Requirements Anchor). This preference will, instead, allow the user to select the posted area from a customizable drop-down box. NOTE: If this preference is enabled, you must customize your Post Location field within the Custom Lists.
These are the categories that will show up on your WebConnect site, the categories you choose here will be visible to potential CN’s. CN’s will have the option to choose to classify themselves into one of the categories you define here. As a rule of thumb, weed out the categories you don’t use, and force potential CN’s to classify themselves into one of the categories you frequently search on.
When a CN applies to a job you have posted out on your WebConnect site, their resume and profile will be brought into your database as a NEW CN. You have the option to define fields that are brought over into their record by editing the WebConnect Template. This is very similar to creating Templates for JO’s or CN’s or CO’s…same thing. Only this Template will ONLY apply to CN’s that have come over from your WebConnect site.
Automated Emails –
When a CN applies to a job you have posted out on your WebConnect site, they will automatically be sent a Thank You/Confirmation email. You have the ability to customize that email. When you select to ‘Edit’ the email, you will be presented with a form much like our Mail Merge form. You have the ability to insert merge fields, images and add other HTML formatting as you’d like.
Be sure to indicate a From Email address and the Website URL of your company.
Apply With LinkedIn –
This allows Candidates to apply to your positions using their LinkedIn profile instead of a resume. This is a great option for those passive Candidates who might just be browsing for a new opportunity and don’t have a formatted resume on hand.
Step 2: Recruiter/Account Manager Information
- When a Candidate clicks on the ‘My Recruiter’ link, or a Company Contact clicks on the ‘My Account Manager’ link, the name, phone number, email and bio of their Recruiter or Account Manager will be displayed. To ensure that accurate information is displayed, each User should enter this information and update this section when needed. To get there, go into the User Module and search for your name, then open the Detail View and jump to the ‘Personal Information’ anchor.
Note: Only information that is marked as Primary will be pulled into WebConnect.
Step 3: Notifications
- When things occur within WebConnect, such as a new Candidate applying for a position, or Company Contacts updating information or adding a new Job order, you can request a notification of this. We call this an Event Subscription. To get to the Event Subscriptions, go into the User Module, search for your name and open the Detail View. Then jump to the ‘Event Subscriptions’ anchor. Click the Add New icon and choose which type of event you want to be notified of in the ‘Event’ drop down box, and then choose how you want to be notified, in the ‘Action’ drop down box. Note: If you choose ‘E Mail’ as your action, the email will be sent to the email you have indicated as your Primary Email in your User record. If you choose ‘Generate Notification’, a notification will be generated and placed in your Activity Module.